dimanche 27 avril 2008

Chaperone Experience:
2nd Graders & the
Woodland Park Zoo

It took a month, but we are finally finished with viewing all 987 or so episodes of LOST. So, Thursday I trekked with the 2nd graders around Woodland Park Zoo. It was the first time we had gone there, and it was sunny.

I personally identified most with this animal in the back there:
Some days I just feel hippoish.


Highlight: We spent about an hour in this bird cage. It was funny watching boys try to attract birds to land on them. At first they were loud and rough and yelled at the birds. Soon they learned that they must be quiet and still. The birds loved Josh.



The water was really this green.


They had a sign for otters, but we couldn't find them. They had signs for lots of other animals too, that we couldn't find...


Josh's turn with the camera:



Second graders are great.
They have an appreciation for creatures and caves that adults just don't have.

2 commentaires:

Benjamin a dit…

So fun, it's about time..I thought you uys were frozen..

Kelly a dit…

So what animal is that exactly...that you identify with? i couldn't tell...it just looked like a giant piece of brown something or other from that angle...